Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

letters (i know you and you know me)

… as simple and nonfictional as it gets “ I know you and you know me”…

I know you…
sounds of a broken twig in the silence,
echo of a burst water drop
upon touching its end,
whisper of the wind,
hidden beneath the yellow blanket
of a dead leaf.
I know you
in a sand storm, that lifts fine red granules
and transports them across the globe.
and in a sunrise
that briefly reminds me of the sunset.
and in a fish,
caught by a fisherman who lets it go
back into the waters.
what a stroke of luck!
and the poor bastard forgot three wishes!
I know you in the fortune of one
and in the loss of other…
I know you
when I flip my calendar
and forget the dates and the names.
names…
the most abstract and senseless invention.
I will name myself a Feather’s Whisper
and I will keep this name till the end of the day.
I will take it into my dream
where things are not broken,
simple and wrapped into virginity
of its essence. and where
you know me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment