Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

lletters (emphaty vs compassion)

...There are times in our lives when we have to live through the pain of tragic events. People around feel sorry and sympathize with us. And one can live with hope of recovery. There are other times, when our pain is locked so deep in our hearts that not even a drop can surface. What do you do then? I make a bonfire; I drop my heart into the flames and hope that the pain will turn into ashes before all the signs of life will disappear from my heart...

..my sinking heart…
long fall to the bottom of my chest,
bouncing in the ribcage..
pain... despair...
in not knowing from where…

if only I can trade my empathy for compassion,
if only I can be a sorrowful bystander…

I am bleeding with you; I am dying with you…
my body is wrapped in bondage of time…
my mouth is sealed...
no sound no scream
can escape empathies suffocating grip,
six feet of heavy dirt over my still body.
it lets only my tears roll freely…
for me to have a choice
to fill my lungs with its watery bitterness
or let the pain rupture my heart
at the moment of the original blast...

No comments:

Post a Comment