Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

letters (am I a patriot?)

I wonder what makes you a patriot. The other day I got a compliment being a patriot of my country because I drive a particular car. And I realized that I have never thought about it. I disapprove, dislike and disagree with many things that happened in my country. I am not politically active, except the presidential election, my civic duties. Does that make me less patriotic?
On the other hand, there is not a day in my life when I suddenly remember that the USA exists and I feel like a kid on charismas morning, just from that single thought. Next thought of mine is that I live half of my life in this country and I feel elated; I can compare my feelings to feelings of falling in love. I wonder whether it counts for something.
And being objective, if I would ever be asked to give my life for this country I would not think twice and I would be honored. I definitely count this one.
About me driving a Bonneville, other that it is black, my favorite color, I like the fact that it is made in my favorite city of Detroit…. An unrelated thought, I find all my worldly possessions in the reality where my desires and financial ability meets. And I really want to drive BMW!...

No comments:

Post a Comment