Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

letters (modern relationship)

My secret cyber lover,
I have a confession to make, and not about you
but about the fact that I made a fake copy of my heart
and presented to you as the original. I wanted to see
for how long one could buy such nonsense.
Especially one who is convinced to be an expert of
breaking women hearts for a living. There was no thought
about revenge or hatred in general of man. I was chosen
by some unexpected twist of fate.
Perhaps as a punisher for my sisters’ pain and wrecked lives.
I don’t confess any lies. I just lived with two hearts
for a while. I loved you with all my fake heart.
I guess logical continuum of the thought
would be, with a perfect fake love. Although my fake heart was
never aware of its fakeness and temporality
(the strategies route implemented from the beginning
to prevent the act of betrayal). In my defense,
the real heart is not a subject of eternity either.
I was free of forming any habits or addictions,
problems only applicable to our corporeal selves.
I wish I could grant my real heart the same freedom
and creativity. No second thought, no reservations.
From the perspective of life preservation, we are obligated
to protect the blood pumping mechanism;
it doesn’t come in a pairs. I was fearful at first whether my mind
would be able to process effectively an imposed duality
with loyalty. But that son-of-a-bitch was thriving,
filled with excitement and allegiance to both sides.
And as I observed it in bewilderment, it winked at
me in encouragement with the charm and seduction
of an ancient snake from the infamous garden,
to bring more players to the game. And shouted
“NOT GUILTY!”

No comments:

Post a Comment