Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

letters (no more)

NO MORE
Your words, wrapped in the softness of your voice,
recorded for eternity in my memory.
I remember them all. They were my wings…

I soared to heaven, it is an empty place.
I walked the earth, world has no color.
And life just a strange and senseless affair.

The seasons don’t change anymore.
They all stay motionless and stagnant,
Somewhere between hell and heaven,
Waiting for another chance, for a new beginning.
Time vanished like the flame of a burning candle.
Gray ashes rest undisturbed in a safe place.
There is no wind to blow it all away!

I wish the rivers would start to run backwards
And guide me back, into the time that was before.
I would pull the plug, I would flip the switch.
And all would be different, but I would be no more…

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done.

    I'm checking out a film about Wm S. Burroughs in which he says, "Life is a cut-up." Wild is the wind for confetti.

    ReplyDelete