Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

fragments (monologue) cont.

.....I guess you got it by now, if you are me, your life sucks. Yesterday I met a nice guy in a movie rental store; we had a short conversation about favorite movies, favorite actors, etc. And we had a lot in common to the point that he asked what I do for living. I should have told a lie, anything, but not the truth. As soon as he heard RN, he pulled his slightly overweight belly in, exhaled long “A –a- a- h” and disappeared.
If you are me, people prefer to stay away from you. Not even one person would admit that he does not like you because of your profession. The truth is no one likes you, period. And why would it be different? You know the names and dosages of all of his antidepressants, he gave you the list. He admitted to the “blue pill” and you made him name it. You did it just for fun; you are a human after all. He told you that his mother committed suicide and father died from the liver failure. He told you that he is a casual drinker and smokes a half a pack a day and he knows that you at least double all of his addictions. His body? You touch it, pock it, and pinch it while completely ignoring his presence. And I wonder why my husband cheated on me and the guy in a movie store ran away. Sometimes I want to run away from myself.
I just finished my shower; I’ll be in time for work. I am so glad that the traffic is so light at this time of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment