Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

your poetry is knitted from the stripes of life


dedicated to my favorite poet,
 whose mind and writing inspires me to write.

your poetry is knitted from the stripes of life.
the daffodils don’t smell like roses,
but smell like daffodils,
for me they smell like spring.
 the knife by the loaf of bread
is not for murder, as I would guess.
 there is a glass of water, on your kitchen table.
I sip, it’s salty. I wonder why?
maybe you brought it home
from your last ocean’s trip.
 maybe, you carried a golden fish in it,
one with three wishes.
you said, it was the teaspoon of Epson salt
 that gave it the taste.
but then, I see, like I am blind,
I touch around every straw.
 I know,      
the mystery is there, I smell it.
perhaps in a drop of water,
silently shining on the table,
perhaps beneath your shoe,
perhaps,
it’s hidden in your smile…

c:Nina K Orlovskaya7/31.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment