Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

in time


in time

time loses  minutes like roses lose petals:
into the past, into dust

…It always rains here.
 I’m walking over the wet grass,
over the memories, soaked and heavy

the thunder stays beyond the gates.
silence settles beneath my feet.
my heartbeat,
the loudest sound, echoes from all four corners
like the shaman’s drum at sunset,
 shattering the last mirror of the day
into the stars and fireflies – sparks,
 lost in darkness

I dare to whisper your name.
there are places and time when we are separated with our names,
for names are light, they always stay above

7/9/2012 Nina K Orlovskaya 

3 comments:

  1. A shaman beats his drums for many reasons. To herald the dawning of a new day, the birth of a new child or the death of an elder. He also bangs his drum to ward off evil spirits and make his magic strong. When I hear the shaman's drum and I whisper your name in my mind, it fills me with wonder - with joy. Sadly, my heart weeps to think another's name caresses your lips now that I am gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see the telephone on your wall
    but my fingers cannot reach out
    to touch it
    old photos
    and a dark tv screen remind me
    that you have gone

    was that wave 'good-bye'
    or were you unable to look back
    over your shoulder?

    it was raining
    but those were tears
    i know they were
    it was raining
    and the old phone on the wall
    sleeps more soundly than we did
    before you said goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Benjamin and Wayne, I am so pleased that my words steered such a deep and beautiful memories and inspired you to write poetry. This is a dream of every poet, not only to write but to inspire the flow of poetry in minds and hearts of others. Thank you for giving me a gift of Muse!

    ReplyDelete