Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

letters(saving my dream)


he told me
-it’s time to grow up,
and stop making short cuts
anymore.
 it’s time to walk
 one road to the end…
 I smelled
a cemetery in his words…
a graveyard, a coffin…
and fat worms
gorging on my corpse…
I cut him loose.

he  told me
-I am beautiful
and he would spend
 the rest, what’s left,
his life with me,
he gave me the moon and stars.
I considered the offer
 while taking a shower.
not easy decision to make, if you ask.
I was ready, and then…
he was pinning stars
over another woman’s ears…
I took another shower, with relief…

he told me… .
well, he told me nothing,
he was silent like a medieval fortress,
like a ghost guarding the treasures,
lost in the rubble…
it was pointless…
I walked away from the creepy pallor.

he told me
- I am wandering
like a ship with a broken compass
stumbling
from  island to the island,
scattered
over the old body of the ocean,
confusing land for the land….

he told me…
but I didn’t hear him anymore,
I was in open waters
once again,
reaching for red,
like dripping blood,
sinking
in the darkness,
orb…
I tried to save it…
I always do…. 
©  2012 by Nina K Orlovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment