Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

fragments (the carnival of changes)



the night dismembers the truth limb from limb.
brakes it into multitude. the carnival
of unfamiliar things.
I must decipher them by the color,
sound, smell, taste….

the first tears of early October,
cold and bitter drops over
the pale bareness of my shoulders, over
the amber remnants of the last summer,
shivering beneath my feet.
soon to be frozen.

the memory of you  like a gray solitude
of the low sky, drowned in dark waters
of a lethargic river,
spiked by the winter’s breath,
trapped in the asymmetry
of distant tales.

you are the wind on my face,
entangled with my hair, invisible,
lonesome, fluid and destructive,
trapped in the memory of a kiss,
in the taste of the sea
on my lips.

…a bird drinks from the frozen puddle.

©  2012 by Nina K Orlovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment