Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

fragments (I hate loud noises)

sometimes the sunrise add an
insight and depth to the meaning of your life.
It’s about 5 am,
I am ready to fall asleep.

every morning at the same time,
the newly initiated widows
like an alarm clock,
wake up the ambulances.

they got in fight last night,
she told him “I wish you were dead”.
you can’t take your words back
if there is no one to take them back from.
at first,
still in a delirium of her sleep,
she was relieved.
it hit her in a moment…

the lucky way for unlucky men to go.
they just refuse to wake up one day.
they are protected by their “better half”:
from old age and drinking their liver away.

I want to die like a good man dies:
in my sleep, in my bed.
but I wouldn’t want the wailing of an ambulance
to disturb my morning silence at 5am,
even if it isn’t mine anymore.
I want them come later and quiet.
I hate loud noises.

 ©  2012 by Nina K Orlovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment