Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

fragments (my silence committed suicide...)


my silence committed suicide on the railroad,
was dragged beyond the borders
of the echo, somewhere to the edge
of the earth, over and beyond….

my night, like a frightened bird, flees
in to the refuge of your eyelids, nested
in the darkness of your pupils….

my sanity, an island, in the midst
of oceanic madness, about to submerge,                                        
crushed by the weight of salt, swallowed
by the watery tentacles of the deep.

I cry like a broken horseshoe for the road,
like an avalanche, wrapped in freshly fallen powder,
like a mudslide for a missing ingredient, that held it
all together, like a parent for a child,
walked into the fog of forever.
like a motherless child.
like the last rain of the season…

my cry, my last song before my heart,
a relic, a nameless object,
gets frozen, numb, gray,
 before it will stop in the middle of a marathon,
amazed by the beauty of the transformation
of fluids into crystals.

my silence would be restored, a bird reclaimed.
I would be rescued from my last stand
from the island of sanity…
the order would spring to life
in the land of chaos.



©  2012 by Nina K Orlovskaya


No comments:

Post a Comment