Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

letters (memory)

the memory of you
like a fog on a rainy day
shelters my soul from sunlight,
from a fresh breath of the air,
keeps me in a lethargic sleep.
my mind is snatched
and locked in a narrow dungeon,
that is you,
without hope to escape.
all attempts failed like a sandy castle
under the pressure of a heavy tide.

the memory of you hunts me
like a pack of a hungry dogs.
I hide breathlessly in the dark corner,
paralyzed by fear of provoking
their appetite, anger, instincts…

I submerge the memory of you
into the waters of the night
until it drowns!

3 comments:

  1. I really love the concept of the letters! This Memory poem gave me chills! You wrote:
    "the memory of you hunts me
    like a pack of a hungry dogs.
    I hide breathlessly in the dark corner,
    paralyzed by fear of provoking
    their appetite, anger, instincts…" visceral!! And so is the last line! Just love it. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, your musings incite so many thoughts and emotions in me. This post for example. It makes me think of a haunting heartache and the pain of remembering a love that once lit up my life and now its gone. But when I peel back the layers of your words, I'm gripped with the terror of a love best forgotten, a love that steals all light and joy from the soul. A love that never should have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dearest friends, you understand my words, you share my feelings. and yes, there is or was or will be a love in our life, that should never happened. This kind of love drains you out of life and drags you into the grave.And you must dig yourself out and back to life. Would I ever want to experience that feeling again? Would Phoenix want to burn alive over and over again? Silly question my friends, those splendid moments are only the moments when you are truly alive... And memory, well, we will share with others, so we know we are not alone and we are the lucky ones... Cheers my friends.

    ReplyDelete