Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

fragments (Coyote and me)

…”pull me out pull me out, let me dry at the wind”
screamed the boulder drowning in the river.

when you are a cookie in the cookie jar
it doesn’t mean you want to be eaten.
if you are an owl you want never ending night
and a sparrow wants a day to stay forever.

if you are me you don’t know what you want
and then you go and find a Coyote
and talk with him,
because this is the surest thing to do
if you don’t know…

although if I’m lost that would be unwise
to ask for directions, and not because he is a trickster
which is true, but because he is lost himself.
sometimes he sits under the canopy of a tree
and sings a never ending song…
for days and nights to dance in roundelay,
were the owl and sparrow clap with delight.
I would not interrupt…

and other times
I can find him lingering in the meadow,
making sure all the grass grows in the right direction
he may let me in there for a while
and let me to grow with the grass
In the right direction.
and, while I am growing, he’ll tell me a tale

he told me ones that I was a stone drowning
in the river, I start pleading for help
he howled from laughter. and then
he dropped a cookie jar in the river
and oh, sweet cookie heaven, I was the river.
he let me drink running water
and sent me to walk into the
world of setting suns.
© 2011 by Nina K Orlovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment