Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

letters (happiness)

Somewhere and sometime in the past, I have had nothing except a dream and I was happy and complete.
Now, many years later, I have everything I ever wished for plus an original dream and, as you guessed, I am unhappy. Logically speaking, if one has more, one must be more. In my case, I should be happier. First thing came to my mind, “worldly possessions bring unhappiness”, the thought acceptable and socially ingrained in our minds. On the other hand, I have examined the value of all the things I have, there is no value, and I can leave it all behind in the blink of an eye and sit on the curb of the road stripped off all my possessions, alone, clothed into my dream and it would not make me happy. I make this statement not from a philosophic standpoint but from the perspective of my previous experiences. On a couple of occasions I got rid of all my worldly possessions and not only material but also social, moral, mental, spiritual… I mean over night… literally… it definitely made me light as a feather and not happy.
Where did the happiness go?!
I have spent a lifetime, molding myself into the perfect image of me. It had expanded me beyond the boundaries of my imagination and I have not found happiness there either, just a dust, collected by eternity.
I look in the mirror, into my eyes and see that happiness only in a blissful ignorance, regardless what I have or don’t have. A dream is an illusion that fuel desire for life.
Certainly, I do not generalize. I express my own observation. I have no knowledge of experiences of others. My lifetime is barely a time to scratch the surface of my own being.

No comments:

Post a Comment