Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

someone said


someone said “ love conquers all”
 someone else said “love is a dog from hell”
I say—
in love I was, an agreement between body and mind
gravity couldn’t  grasp, couldn’t  touch my shadows,
no power in the world could hold me down.

 I wasn’t sad often       and when I was,
 it went unnoticed,
 until later,
until the blade cut deep, between my shoulders.
there was no pain, just drops of blood
reminding me of  rose petals: blown by the wind,
 in the mud, in the garbage can,
not attractive, not needed anymore.

…exhausted, still afloat, alone,     cold moon, half drowned
in the liquid salt,  for  company,
it was not a grave yet, but Death
winked from the darkness of her sockets.

the sunrise parted far, lost in the past,
left behind, in the other world,       without me.
I drifted far, crossing forbidden lines and horizons… .

someone in a boat offered a ride
for the price of my soul.
it was a bargain then,
 I took  it… .


out of balance,
my mind and body wasn’t in sync anymore,
in disagreement, canceling each other into oblivion,
 gravity won, pulled me down the path
of delirious slumber,
 fate pushed me, face down.
I missed the puddle of vomit,    just a slimmer.
next time I
may not be so lucky, but instead
I’ll land there, in the middle,
inhale deep,   
suffocating misery into permanent darkness

c: Nina K Orlovskaya 6/9/12 

No comments:

Post a Comment