Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

me and a Coyote (shamanic series)



an owl dreams for the night to never end,
a sparrow wishes the day to stay forever.
a cookie, never wants to be eaten
but live life in the cookie jar.   
a boulder, drowned  in the river,
dreams of a flow, of wind, of a sunset…  

I  don’t know what I want.
I’ll go and find a Coyote,
this is the surest thing to do
if you don’t know…

although, because I’m  lost, it is unwise to ask for directions,
and not because he is a trickster, but because  he is lost too. 
     
sometimes, I find him,
sitting under the canopy of a tree
and singing a never ending song, for days and nights,
or dancing in roundelay.
I find the owl and sparrow clapping with delight.
I would not interrupt…

and other times
I find him lingering in the meadow, making sure,
all the grass grows in the right direction.
sometimes, he  lets  me  grow with the grass
in the right direction.
while I am growing, he  tells me  tales.

on one occasion, he told me his dream,                     
where I  was a stone, drowned  in the river…
he howled from laughter and  dropped
an empty cookie jar in the water
and oh, sweet cookie heaven,
he let me drink…
he let me  flow
 to the world of the setting suns,
while the owl and  the sparrow and the cookie
where clapping from the bank of the river
and wind rippled the waves

c: Nina K Orlovskaya 6/12/2012 revised

No comments:

Post a Comment