Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

my fairy tale


my fairy tale

a small world of the crawling creatures
beneath my feet,    my first fairy tale.
it was a gift beyond my wants, my needs,
beyond my grasp.       I was only 3 back then,
when I discovered the ants’ colony.

in time,
it become a memory trap,
setting me up for a lifelong quest,
in search         of a fairy tale,
I remember exists.
I have found, apples by the apple tree,
some ripe, some not,
water in the valley, snow on the mountain top,  
….demises and rises. 
many things I ran after: stalked a bird,
 in the sky, feather by feather,
 set the traps by my bed,         never caught
 a dream , not even a shadow

I keep an inventory for what it was,
the ants’ colony on the larger scale…

lately, I don’t pick apples and don’t
chase birds,
I let my dreams roam wild and free…

 the world, from the corner of my eyes,
is a heartbeat, a breath  
…untouchable.          my fairy tale

c:Nina K Orlovskaya@6/16/2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment