Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

letters (Things in the woods’ and a bed-time story.)

Things in the woods’ and a bed-time story.

(inspired by my two fellow writers attempts on (The Cult)and (The Occult).

Ones upon a time the phone rang.
“Hello. Is this a mister Forrest?”
“It would be me. And what’s your problem now, Big Bad?
Don’t tell me that I have to bail you out of Granny’s basement
ones again. Stop messing with Red-Riding.”
“Can you permit me to talk…?”
“Fell free.”
“I strolled your woods this morning, just to check on rabbits
and see if squirrels are comfy in their presence…”
“ Hey, Bad, get to the chase, and cut the crap.”
“As I did say, I run the woods; I saw two boys…”
“You didn’t try to munch on them, did you?”
“No, no! They counted your trees! One drifted to the left
and the other one in opposite direction….”
“So what? Not in your list of things to do.”
“Yes, but... they marked the trees: one with white stripes
and other with yellow circles. They did more and,
each time they marked a tree,
they walked around and chanted ‘THEY’”
“Who’s ‘THEY’?”
“ Dunno”
“Hmmm, that’s strange indeed and way above your pay grade, Wolf.
Let me talk to Red-Riding-Hood.”
“M, m,m,m,…”
“Can’t fool me, Wolf. I know she’s standing next to you.”
“Hi, Sir.”
“Do the usual: capture, restrain and chain in basement. At least one of them.
Don’t let him talk. And wait for me”
“Yes, Sir.”
Click.
Silence.
© 2011 by Nina K Orlovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment