Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

letters (goodbye)

The song without words,
the frames without pictures.
My eyes without tears.
My time trapped in the past.
…forgiven and not forgotten…

The night falls down
to the ground… my friends…
I see them passing by.
Sometimes I wave goodbye
and sometimes I remain silent,
just watch them disappearing
into the fog of the past.
Sometimes I miss them,
and my heart dips in my memory,
dances with the shadows,
talks with the echoes bounced
from the wall of forgetfulness.
And sometimes
I just want to be alone and silent
in the land of the dead.
© 2011 by Nina K Orlovskaya

4 comments:

  1. Friends come and go in our lives and sometimes we don't miss them until it's too late to say goodbye. Perhaps it would be best if we'd learn to love and value our friends while they're still here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And sometimes
    I just want to be alone and silent
    in the land of the dead." That is a sentence that I can relate too completely, as well as the rest.

    This was great, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends, for reading. Yes, life is fragile and sometimes could be ended by the blow of wind and never ever let your friend walk away in anger, always say "I am sorry", whether it is your turn or not, because tomorrow it could be too late, as it was for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death is very hard for me to accept. I grieve for so long at the loss of many things, but, the final loss of death can almost be devastating.

    ReplyDelete