Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

the time loops




 …one of my meditations suddenly drifted
 in to the strangest vision.
I found myself in the air, hovering over an unknown city.
I searched for someone familiar, a man.
 his voice was vibrating, trapped  in my head
and he was wearing a pink shirt.
I followed the echo…
    
the city was empty, he was nowhere to be found.
I panicked, extended my search
and found him back in time:        
pink shirt, 20 years younger, his smile,
other significant and less important things
 were radiating out of him like beams of light from a small star,
maybe a baby star….

he was wounded, unaware, bleeding
with that special kind of blood – yellow---
I ran toward him. at first, I tried to form
a time bubble around him, where I could snatch him
from the flow of time and patch
 his wounds, held him tight to my chest,
the kind of thing a mother would do.    

                               but then
 I remembered, I know him 20 years later,
 not bleeding anymore, healed his own way
with many tight scars, smiling most of the times
and in love with life.         
                  and I let him be,
because you cannot change the times ahead,
 that had already happened,
but you can change  the ones yet to come.

In a moment of weakness, I turned around,
looked in his eyes, and I was trapped
like everyone would be, who looks back…
I was mesmerized, drowned in his eyes, his smile…
we talked, and talked, and talked, we ended up knowing each other.
he was not aware that I was from the times ahead.

 I saw his scars, in the times ahead, they were getting soft and elastic,
as I held him close to my heart. and his presence once more,
in the times that were ahead were felt,  faint at first
 and then stronger with each  breath.
 I was waiting until it flooded
the streets of the city like before, 20 years in the past,
and we remembered

5/12/Nina K Orlovskaya 5/12/2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment