Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

letters(cold breath.)

my eyes have forgotten their existence.
my heart refused to sync with the rhythm
of my breath. the shadows dwell in the house of light,
their invisible hands slide alongside the invisible walls.
a whisper imprisons words and erases sounds.
the moon guards the door in silence. the silver sword cuts time
in halves, in quarters, in fractions, in slivers…
I smell your presence from the blade,
the scent of a freshly cut lemon.
and mine is the remnants of burned wood.
the last memory of the apple tree was the orchard.
a blissful blossom was choked by the cold hands of death.
it was an arctic front, an unexpected breath… .

© 3/28/2012 by Nina K Orlovskaya

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nina,

    wow this writing is powerful! I can't believe I've been missing so much of your visual, and emotional writing.

    Keep it up sweet,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jesse! I am so happy that you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete