Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

fragments (the fortuneteller 2nd version)

the fortuneteller
was a fake-blond, near-sighted,
next-door-neighbor-kind of woman.
she began her reading from the Sun.
she mentioned that it was her favorite card.
“I am glad it’s not the Fool”.
she looked in my direction
and I guessed that, in my case,
it should be the Fool.
there was not much of a choice.
the Hanging Man upside down
was not an alternative but a progression.
she professed much light in my life,
stumbled over betrayals, hardships and loss.
I did not tell her,
that hell is quite a bright place

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if I had the power to see the future, to know what Fate had in store for me; the joys, the pain, the sorrow and hopefully the triumphs too...would I want to know? Perhaps it's best that we blunder along each day, doing things we'll come to regret, making impulsive decisions and foolish mistakes that we wouldn't have made if we'd known the future. Perhaps that's the way it should be, because how else do we learn and grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Benjamin, for insightful and inspiring thought!

    ReplyDelete